Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 26, 2020

ALTERNATIVE 'DIY' Powerblock Dumbell Stand!

I was trying to get creative around not having to spend approximately $100 on a new stand for my Powerblock Pro dumbells. I also do not have a lot of time to make a stand out of wood. There are a lot of great ideas and handy people out there.

I already had a FUEL plyo box. The FUEL box seems like a GREAT solution for now. The sandpaper finish on the top seems to hold the dumbells in place.

Pros:
  • The adjustable height of the individual legs makes it possible to have the dumbells at an angle for an easier transition.
  • With a small furniture dolly, I can move the whole set around on casters when the FUEL box is at its lowest setting.
  • Space saving dual use: The FUEL plyo box can still be used as a plyo box...
Cons:
  • Actual Powerblock stands are 26-28 inches tall, so this set-up is a a couple to several of inches shorter....Height of FUEL plyo box at highest setting: 21 inches. Height of FUEL plyo box with Powerblock PRO dumbells: 29 inches. This may be on the short side for a tall person. I am 5'9" and actually like the height. 

In my opinion, it looks great - especially when I used stuff I already had in the house. Out of pocket cost - $0. Total materials if brand new: FUEL Plyo box: $90. Furniture Dolly: approx. $10.



It looks tilted in the picture but is real stable and solid 

You can adjust the legs to have the dumbells paralell to the to the ground or tilted...


No comments:

Post a Comment